Fudgy, cakey, chocolaty heaven and it can be made in just one bowl. Team it with ice-cream or just have it straight from the pan.. sinful!!!!
Ingredients – listed according to the sequence they will be used in the recipe and everything should be at room temperature.
150 grams or 3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet choco chips or chopped chocolate (I used Ghirardelli bittersweet choco chips)
115 gms or 1/2 cup butter or margarine (I used Nutralite margarine)
15 gms or 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
170 gms or 1 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
95 gms or 3/4 cup maida / all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt if using unsalted butter / margarine
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Melt butter and chocolate on a double boiler i.e take a pan larger than the sauce pan you are going to be using to mix your ingredients in. Fill the bottom pan with water and heat it over gas stove. Keep stirring till everything comes together.
Tip : use a sauce pan with handle as it will be easy to hold and stir later.
- Add in the sugar and cocoa powder to the butter & chocolate and mix well.
- Add in one egg at a time and beat. This will require some muscle power and I don’t recommend using an electric mixer as we don’t want to aerate the batter. Add vanilla.
- Gradually add in the APF aka refined flour and mix well. Do not over mix.
- Grease a square 7×7 inch cake tin and line it with parchment paper. Pour the batter, put walnuts (optional) and bake at 180 degree Celsius for around 30 mins – time will depend on your oven. Do not over bake.
Cool and cut and enjoy!
If you are a newbie baker or wishing to step into the wonderful world of baking then don’t forget to check out my post on Top 10 Baking Tips for Beginners.