Easy homemade marinara sauce can be used to top pizza or make pasta.
2 tomatoes – roughly chopped
Small onion – roughly chopped
1 small carrot (optional) or you can use sugar
Few cloves of garlic
Cheese – according to your preference
Few leaves of fresh basil
- Sauté garlic in butter and add onion and tomatoes.
- Cover with a lid and let them soften a bit and switch off the flame.
- Cool, blend it all into a smooth paste.
- Put all the ingredients again in the pan, cook, add seasoning, chopped basil and cheese.
- Your marinara sauce is ready!
- It will be sufficient for two 8-inch pizzas or you can increase the quantity of ingredients if you want more.
- Enjoy the fresh sauce over pizza or pasta