My healthy choco chip cookies are not only delicious but also have goodness of jaggery and whole wheat flour. I even used homemade butter so these are any day better than the store bought cookies!
These cookies are easy and can be made with all the ingredients available at home. So lets get started.
3/4 cup jaggery
3/4 cup sugar or 1/2 cup – adjust according to desired sweetness
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup choc chips
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
pinch of salt
- Gather all the ingredients and line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix jaggery, sugar and butter. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Knead the dough, add in the milk if dough is too crumbly.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins. You can even freeze the dough for later use.
- Shape it with cookie cutter or simply roll it into a ball.
- Pre-heat the oven for 5 mins.
- Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 15- 20 minutes or until light brown (center will be soft). So, let the cookies cool! Don’t be greedy and try to grab those cookies…. 😉
- Have it with a glass of milk… yummy!!!