Recently, Sanaa got a worksheet from school wherein she had to write her favourite healthy recipe. So, she wrote about her all-time favourite lunch box snack… Pancakes… Yes, our version is not only delicious but also has healthy ingredients!!!
Most of the ingredients are available at home and kids can make this recipe with the help of their parents. If you don’t have vanilla essence, then replace it with cinnamon or all spice powder.
Ingredients are and their benefits:
Wheat: good source of fibre, vitamins and minerals
Jaggery: Loaded with antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium. It also helps boost resistance against infections, hence building stronger immunity.
Milk: source of calcium for healthy bones
Eggs: Not only good source of protein but egg whites are rich source of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper.
Healthy Whole Wheat Pancake recipe:
Makes around 4 – 5 fluffy pancakes.
½ cup Wheat flour / atta
4 tbsp of Jaggery or powdered sugar (if you don’t have jaggery)
1 tsp Baking powder
½ cup milk
1tsp Vanilla essence or cinnamon powder
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, and baking powder.
- Whisk in vanilla and egg into the milk.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry.
- Preheat a pan or flat griddle over medium-high heat and pour in a ladle full of batter. Cook until bubbles form before flipping. Brown from both sides.
- Serve it with a dollop of butter and maple syrup, honey or your favourite syrup.
You can watch Sanaa make her healthy fluffy pancakes on Youtube.